The Mar Vista league is a City of LA league which requires all Referees have to have a Business Tax Registration Certificate (BTRC) to work at a LA City field. The first $100k of income is non-taxable so this is basically just a registration exercise.
Mar Vista Recreation Center has staff on hand at all of their soccer league contests. Should an issue arise with a coach or spectator, please approach the on-site personnel and ask that they assist you in addressing the problem. If the behavior is egregious enough to warrant immediate dismissal (i.e. significant insulting/abusive language or gestures), make staff aware of this and have them escort the individual away from the field. This may mean that the ejected individual will be taken to the staff table and supervised by them for the duration of the match. However, any violent act by an adult should result in the perpetrator’s complete removal from the premises and potentially a call to the police or park rangers. MVRC staff is tasked with handling any such incident once you have alerted them to the problem.
- Become registered with the City of LA as an Official
- Business Tax Registration Certificate (BRTC) form
- Officiating Annual Agreement
SBSRA League Point of Contact – Chris Nevil
Mar Vista Park, 11430 Woodbine St, Los Angeles, CA 90066 (directions)
- Boys and Girls 9 – 10 years old. 40 min matches. Single Referee, Short Sided fields and teams
- Girls 11 – 12 years old. 50 min matches. Single Referee, Short Sided fields and teams
- Boys and Girls 11 – 12 years old. 50 min matches. Dual Referee System, Full size fields, 11 v 11
- Boys and Girls 13 – 15 years old. 60 min matches. Dual Referee System, Full size fields, 11 v 11