Training Complete? Booyah! Upload your certifications
Questions? Suggestions? Please contact the SBSRA Training Director
Members must complete and upload the certificates:
- SafeSport (required annually): https://shrtm.nu/IfiH
- Concussion Training (required once): https://shrtm.nu/ugaI
- Cardiac Arrest Training (required once): https://shrtm.nu/7EQD
While we are meeting at distance, members should complete the monthly CalSouth In-Service Training online. Links to both the training and the associated survey for training credit are listed in the Monthly Meeting / Training Topics.
LOTG can be found on the Laws and Guidance page.
SBSRA training on 2019/2020 LOTG changes effective June 1st
Cal South LOTG Modifications for all 7v7 and 9v9 matches
- Cal_South_7v7_-_Small-Sided_Games_LOTG_Modifications (as of Sept 2018)
- Cal_South_9v9_-_Small-Sided_Games_LOTG_Modifications (as of Sept 2018)
- 7v7 Small Sided Games: Frequently Asked Questions (as of Sept 2017)
LOTG Restarts of the 8 restarts and the 9 criteria to compare them inclusive of the most recent modifications to the LOTG
Kicks From the Penalty Mark Procedures (handout)
- VIDEO: Law 5 – Pre-Game Conference
- VIDEO: Law 5 – Referee Signals
- VIDEO: Law 5 – Ask, Tell, Dismiss
- VIDEO: Law 6 – Assistant Referee Overview
- VIDEO: Law 6 – Assistant Referee Signals and Mechanics
- VIDEO: Advice to New Referees: Before the Game
- VIDEO: Advice to New Referees: Being an Assistant Referee
- VIDEO: Advice to New Referees: Being the Referee
- NISOA Video: PRO’s Mark Geiger Talks about Handling Offenses
Law 11 — Offside
- Circular no. 1362: Amendments to the Laws of the Game – 2013/2014
- Offside exercises for assistant referees
System of Control
SBSRA uses the Dual Referee System of Control (Two Referee System) in some of our 7v7 leagues. In addition, some “friendly” matches may utilize the Dual Referee System of Control.
To prepare for such assignments, please review these self training materials on the Dual Referee System of Control:
- Dual Referee System of Control from the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS)
- Dual System of Control from the National Intercollegiate Soccer Officials Association (NISOA)
NOTE: Do not use the Dual Referee System of Control for any USSF/Cal South sanctioned match. If the third referee fails to show up, use a club-lines person, do not use the Dual System.
- Goal – help all of our referees improve.
- Here is the latest stats on the membership’s rankings. Note the improvement in the number of higher ranked referees. The CORE sessions and other efforts by SBSRA members to improve the quality of the their referee abilities is showing positive results. KEEP IT UP!!
High Level Objectives
- Improve the level of refereeing across SBSRA
- Help referees upgrade to higher levels
- Help drive common and consistent refereeing to SBSRA’s customers
- Provide constructive feedback to referees so they can improve their referee skills and knowledge
- Provide input into the yearly SBSRA referee ranking process
- Assessors – Improve the pool of assessors used by SBSRA
- Continue to be creative in expanding assessment programs/services to our referee community
- Get all assessors on the “same page” on the “latest & greatest” concepts and tools
- Deploy and use the same criteria for assessing all referees
- Get all assessments properly documented
- Provide more evaluation of assessor performances
- Getting an Assessment