Seazon Sports operates in multiple locations. SBSRA was selected for two of these locations, The Long Beach Soccer League (played in Huntington Beach) and Orange County Soccer League (played in Westminster), which were created in 2021 for younger players with practices held immediately preceding their games on Saturday mornings. All games are short sided with single referees assigned to all games.
Please be reminded to call the Single Referee Call-In-Number at 310-955-9905, Option 1 before each set of games.
Most of these games are for very young players (6U and 9U). Accordingly, our role is more of a coach and teacher than a referee. This league is unaffiliated with USSF and referees should wear SBSRA badges.
SBSRA League Point of Contact – Jonny Joseph
Location: Marina High School, 15871 Springdale St, Huntington Beach, CA 92649 (directions)
Please note the following:
- PLAYERS’ EQUIPMENT: Players may not wear any jewelry. Shinguards, worn under socks, are required.
- TIMEOUTS: Each team will be allowed two (2) timeouts in the first half; two (2) timeouts in the second half. Timeouts should be limited to 30 seconds each.
- HALF-TIME: Five-minute half-time break.
- HEADING: Heading is not permitted. If a player deliberately heads the ball in a game, an indirect free kick should be awarded to the opposing team from the location of the offense. If the deliberate header occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the infringement occurred. If a player is struck in the head by the ball accidentally, the referee will assess the force of the impact and restart the game with a dropped ball.
- If the ball during a kickoff enters the non-kicking team’s goal before being touched by any other player, the goal is not allowed, and the kickoff is retaken by the kicking team.
A kick-in shall be used for the ROOKIES Division and may be used for the MINORS Division in lieu of a throw in. A kick-in is performed by a player by placing the ball on the touch line and then kicking the ball into play. All players must be at least 3 yards away from the ball during a kick-in.
- A goal may be scored directly from a drop ball
|Division||Ages||Number of Players||Duration of Game||Referee Fee|
|Rookies||4 – 6 year olds||5 (No Goalkeeper)||2 x 15 minute halves||$40|
|Minors||7 – 9 year olds||6 (including Goalkeeper)||2 x 20 minute halves||45|
|Majors||10 – 13 year olds||5 (Goalkeeper)||2 x 20 minute halves||50|
Game Fees are payable by the league to the Association and the Association will pay referees on a monthly basis for games officiated in the prior month.